While I know that these aren't all essentials, these are some of the things I like to take to the hospital with me when I'm having a little one.
1. My Ugg slippers. I rarely go anywhere without them, and it sure makes that cold hospital floor more manageable.
2. I always debate whether to take a computer or not. However, I like having the ability to send out an email without typing on my phone if I want to. Plus I check social media way too much, and sometimes I just find it easier on a computer.
3. My camera. Cannot do without this. I often hand it off to someone that first day so we can get a few "first family photos" and then I like to have it with me to take an inordinate amount of pictures of our newest family member.
4. Nursing tank. I typically leave for home in this. During the hospital stay, I'm that person who lives in the lovely hospital gown. It's easy. It doesn't matter if it gets dirty. And, it's less I have to pack :) I might throw in a pair of yoga pants or warmer PJs from time to time.
5. Obviously, I take my diaper bag. Although, it's really unnecessary. They have everything you need, but I like to have a few little outfits in there just in case (typically because I haven't decided by then what I want to take the baby home in )! ;)
6. This typically comes with your hospital stay, along with Tucks and a few other necessities. In the event that it doesn't, I highly recommend it as a must.
7. I know this is crazy, but we like to bring something with us for the staff (and for certain little boys who love treats). Every birth we've ordered these humongous Rice Crispy treats from The Crispery. My favorite is pictured: the s'more one. My gosh, they're so tasty!
Of course, I bring my makeup/toiletries (and it's often fun to have a lotion that smells great/works really well) because of the crazy amount of baths you have to take while there. A change of clothes to go home, chargers, a phone, etc...all of the essentials. These are just a few of my favorite things for the hospital.
I know it's more than five, but I'm linking up with Hallie for this one, too! Have a great Wednesday!